What is Language Empowerment?
What is Language Empowerment? The English Language Empowerment Course is a course aimed at improving your general English language proficiency. It can be taken by those who wish to give language assessment tests like the OET or the IELTS but feel like their English is not up to the mark, or by those who simply wish to improve their English. The course focuses on improving your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills, along with working on your grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation. It follows the Cambridge English Empower curriculum, and is offered from the CEFR levels A2 to C1.
Why should I do the Language Empowerment courses at CILA?
That’s a good question! Here are 5 reasons why:
- Our trainers are highly-qualified. We employ only the best because we want to give you the best. All our teachers have a certification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) from Trinity College London or a Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) from the University of Cambridge, both highly regarded and internationally recognised certifications. You can get to know them better here.
- We have a unique approach to training. At CILA we do not believe in simply preparing you to pass exams like the OET and IELTS, but facilitating the development of your communication skills to face the real English-speaking world as well. We aim to inculcate skills that stay with you for a lifetime.
- We follow the Cambridge English Empower Curriculum. This includes course content from Cambridge University Press with validated assessment from the experts at Cambridge Assessment English.
- We take care of everything from A to Z. From the moment you enrol at CILA, you do not have to worry about anything except getting here on time for your sessions everyday. From all the resources you need – whether it be the Cambridge coursebooks, practice worksheets, notebooks and even stationery – all the way to assistance going abroad for higher education, we cover it all.
- We are certified partners of Cambridge University Press. For the past 5 years, CILA has been one of the largest consumers of authentic training materials from the Cambridge University Press in the country. We provide you only the best, be it the Empower series for general English improvement or our IELTS and OET training materials.
What will I be covering should I choose to do the Language Empowerment Course at CILA?
|Level||Language Skills||Grammar||Vocabulary & Pronunciation||Conversational English|
|A2||Reading, Listening and Speaking about general topics like yourself, your family, your daily life, food, travelling, entertainment, etc.; writing simple notes, emails, dialogues, blog posts about the same.||Tenses – the simple present and simple past, the present continuous and the present perfect; basic adjectives and adverbs, determiners and quantifiers, possessives, basic prepositions of place and time, etc.||Numbers, colours, professions, place in a city, food, modes of transport, shopping, clothes, simple terms in geography, etc.||Introducing yourself, asking for and giving information, ordering a meal at a restaurant, expressing opinions, talking about how you feel, asking for directions, asking for prices and buying things, etc.|
|B1||Reading, listening, and speaking about money, social life, work, personal and professional problems, culture, achievements, technology, etc.; writing update and apology emails, invitations, blog posts, job applications, book reviews, etc.||Tenses – the simple present and simple past, the present and past continuous and the present and past perfect, the passive voice (the simple past and present), defining relative clauses, reported speech, the first and second conditionals, etc.||Travel, health and fitness, education, and money collocations; phrasal verbs and multi-word verbs, compound nouns, gradable adjectives, etc.||Asking for information in a public place, making arrangements, asking for and giving advice/suggestions, agreeing and disagreeing, returning goods and making complaints, describing symptoms of illness, apologising and making excuses, telephone conversations.|
|B1+||Reading, listening, and speaking about modern life, relationships, personality, the natural world, current events, infrastructure, etc.; writing guidance texts, biographies, online advertisements, essays, emails giving advice, articles comparing and contrasting ideas, etc.||Tenses – the simple present and simple past, the present and past continuous and the present and past perfect, the present perfect continuous, future forms; the passive voice, the zero, first, second and third conditionals, modals of ability, obligation and deduction, reported speech, etc.||Gradable and extreme adjectives, word-building, complex phrasal verbs and multi-word verbs, compound nouns, reporting verbs, vocabulary to talk about environmental issues, cinema and TV, food, technology, etc.||Giving and responding to opinions and suggestions, telling a story/narrating an anecdote, giving reasons, asking for permission, making offers, generalising and being vague, reassuring someone,|
|B2||Reading, listening, and speaking about famous person personalities, surviving and coping with natural disasters, life lessons, talent and abilities, moral and financial dilemmas, goals and expectations from life, etc.; writing texts arguing for and against an idea, describing data, presenting a series of arguments; organising guidelines on a leaflet, articles and reviews; making stories interesting, etc.||Tenses – review of past tenses, the future perfect and future continuous, causatives, past modals of deduction, relative clauses, conditionals, gerunds and infinitives, narrative tenses, future probability, question tags, etc.||Character adjectives, adjectives with prefixes, higher order vocabulary to talk about sports, animals, the natural world, money and finance, crime, health, travel and tourism, achievements, cause and effect relationships, etc.||Breaking off a conversation, explaining and checking understanding, showing tact when making suggestions and disagreeing, discussing advantages and disadvantages, showing you’re grateful, being encouraging, expressing uncertainty, interrupting and announcing news.|
|C1||Reading, listening, and speaking about languages, consciousness (the senses, memories, instinct), justice – crime and punishment, the digital age, special occasions, urban life and development, employment, superstitions, customs and beliefs, etc; writing web forum posts, opinion and discussion essays, profile articles, travel and film reviews, alternative endings to stories, application letters, proposals, etc.||Higher order adverbs and adverbials, Inversion, noun phrases, relative clauses, participle clauses, cleft sentences, conditionals, reflexive and reciprocal pronouns, passive reporting verbs, speculation, deduction, regret and criticism structures, etc.||Verbs of movement, nouns with suffixes, communication verbs, compound adjectives, homophones, etc.||Paraphrasing and summarising, recalling and speculating, being tactful in formal discussions, negotiating, turn-taking, dealing with conflict, organising a presentation, admitting fault, etc.|
How much would I have to pay?
|Requirement-based||I or more levels, based on your current language proficiency and needs||7500 INR per month per level including textbooks, notebooks, practice materials, stationery etc.|
English Language Empowerment Course Dates in 2023
I would like to apply… where do I turn in my application
If you’d like to turn in your application physically you can visit us
INKEL Tower 1, Near TELK, Angamaly South, Ernakulam District, Kerala, India, 683573
Apply for the GENERAL ENGLISH hereApply Now
• Do you have any further questions? Here are some FAQs!
- Cabs can easily be booked via Ola and Uber to drop you to the location; it is easy to find on the map and generally well known in the area in case you have trouble navigating.
- There is also a bus stand right outside the main gate of INKEL Business Park and a rickshaw stand right opposite. Once you get to the main gate, a we run a bus service in the morning and the evening that you can peruse to get to the institution.
- If you fancy a walk from the main gate, it’s about a 10-minute walk to the institute. As long as the scorching Kerala heat isn’t boring down your neck, it is a quiet and serene walk cutting through lush greenery, allowing you to experience a slice of God’s own Country every morning.
|Morning||Between 9:00 to 9:25|
|Evening||Between 3:15 to 5:30|
Do you have something else you’d like to know? Leave us a message and we’ll get right back to you!
CILA is the best place for people who are searching for good classes for IELTS as well as English language training. CILA has tutors who are well-experienced. CILA also has a large collection of practice sessions that help the students to get the band score they need. Thank you CILA for the good support given to achieve the score.
No words can describe the magnificent role CILA continues to play in moulding students into bright spots of confidence. The out of the world level of professionalism of the office staff and the courteous nature of the passionate teachers makes English learning in CILA a worthwhile experience. The positive atmosphere that CILA creates for both students and teachers makes it distinct and is in a class of its own.
I feel lucky that I studied in this institution because of their way of teaching. My confidence has improved tremendously with the help of our teacher (Hela). She always smiled and encouraged us. I believe all these classes will be beneficial to me in the future.. Thank you for giving us a wonderful learning experience....
An empowering environment which really leaves full of positivity, in my opinion. A perfect place to learn, surrounded by great people, fun spaces and awesome tutors. Ample opportunities are available to engage with people from different nationalities. Truly an inspiring place for anyone looking for language training and teacher training.
5 stars in all means to CILA Angamaly. Wonderful staff, awesome facilities, high quality infrastructure (air-conditioners, Computers and projectors in every classroom) and superb lighting and in-built speakers in the classroom. I have never seen such a high-quality training centre like CILA.
The best Language training institute I have ever seen. I was surprised to see the quality of their training and the excellent standard of their classrooms. No doubt that no other institution in India can match CILA. They also provide the text books, notebook, study and practice materials and even stationery such as pen, pencil, eraser and sharpener with no additional fee.
CILA is an excellent language institute. My experience at CILA was amazing. The tutors are so helpful to explore your dreams. The innovative classes leads you to a different world of teaching. Join CILA and feel the difference.
CILA is one of the best institutes, which help us to improve our English language. Along with that, they also have supportive and resourceful faculties.
Apply for General English